“Where Can I Promote My Kindle Countdown Deal?”
That’s a question from an Awakened Author Premium Member who just used the service.
While there are dozens upon dozens of places to promote your KDP Select FREE Kindle promotion (up to 5 days free giveaway of a book) there aren’t as many places to post the Countdown Deals.
I am hosting my first Kindle Countdown Deal for Instant Author Formula March 15–21.
the book is usually $4.99. It will be 99c March 15–18, then the price goes up to $1.99, then $2.99, then $3.99. I made a longer 99c sale to maximize exposure and to have it post longer in one of the promo sites.
Before you set up your promotion:
Be sure you know your audience.
Who is your ideal reader? And don’t just say “a boomer woman.” Know her inside out. What’s in her cupboards? What does she yearn for? Where does she go for fun? etc.
Evaluate any place where you can post a sale based on the answer to this question, “Do they have the ear of my reader?” Don’t try putting a paranormal fantasy book sale onto a site for nonfiction and expect to pick up many sales.
Promote your Countdown Deal FREE
I found a couple places to list a 99c book or countdown deal book for free.
These links take you right to the thread or page to use, so you won’t have to hunt.
Goodreads – you’ll need to join Goodreads and join that group first, but you can post your deal at no charge.
Pixel of Ink – They let you post for free but the book has to be 99c or less, SO be sure to list only the 99c sale portion of your countdown deal with them so they don’t get mad at you. Also, they have a high volume and your book may or may not get listed. Thanks Chris McMullen for that one.
More about Kindle Count
More about Kindle Countdown Deals
What is Kindle Countdown Deals?
Kindle Countdown Deals is a new KDP Select benefit that allows publishers to run limited-time promotions on their books, which can help earn more royalties and reach more readers. Customers can see the regular price and the promotional price on the book’s detail page, as well as a countdown clock telling them how much time is left at the promotional price.
Here are some of the benefits of Kindle Countdown Deals:• Time: You control how long your book is discounted, anywhere between one hour and seven days.
• Discount: You set the level of discount, which must be at least $1 off the regular price.
• Royalty : You will earn royalties based on your regular royalty rate and the promotional price. As a result, if you are using the 70% royalty option, you’ll earn 70% even if the promotional price is below $2.99.
• Reporting: A new KDP report displays sales and royalties at each promotional price side-by-side with pre-promotion performance, so it’s easy to compare.
• Customer experience: It’s easy for customers to see the great deal they’re getting, as the regular price is included on the book’s detail page, right beside the promotional price. Customers will see a countdown clock with the time remaining for the promotion. It’s also easy for customers to discover Kindle Countdown Deals on a dedicated webpage
“SHOULD I enroll?”
See this article on WriteOnPurpose for the behind-the-scenes thoughts about KCD.
Here are some great tips from Chris McMullen,to help you with your KCD.
Promote Your Kindle Countdown Deal or Select Free Promo (or Other Book Sale)
One popular site is BookBub, but there are other options, like Ereader News Today, Kindle Books & Tips, Book Gorilla, Book Blast, and Pixel of Ink. You want to learn about stats to help you with your decision. For example, the BookBub pricing page provides data for subscribers by genre, average downloads, and average sales.
Kindle Countdown Deals promotion
With a Kindle Countdown Deal or temporary price reduction, you earn royalties during the sale. Your hope is that these immediate sales and a possible increase in sales following the sale will recover your investment and then some, but as with any investment, there is always a risk.
FREE giveaway days
In contrast, a KDP Select free promo doesn’t yield any royalties during the sale. Here, the hope is that if you succeed in creating interest for your book during the promo, then enough people will read the book (only a percentage who download it for free will eventually read it, and some will be from outside your target audience) and recommend it to others.
That’s a big IF, and it doesn’t always work out that way. A successful free promo can lead to a significant improvement in sales, but not necessarily (it was more common in the early days of KDP Select, but still happens now; a highly marketable book and an effective promotion improve your chances).
Chris McMullen, Author of A Detailed Guide to Self-Publishing with Amazon and Other Online Booksellers
See full article – original article source here.
Bookmark These pages – Where to Promote a Kindle Countdown Deal
These are direct pages for more info. These are paid advertising options.
- Book Bub – (full length books, no shorts)
- eReader news Today – at least 10 reviews & an overall 4–star minimum rating – cost is 25% of book sales during the promotion
- Book Gorilla – at least 5 reviews, 4 star minimum
- Book Sends – at least 5 reviews high rating and attractive cover
- Kindle Books & Tips– at least 8 reviews (4 must be Amazon verified purchases) , 4–star rating
Follow your B.L.I.S.S.!
Ronda Del Boccio
#1 best selling author, speaker and mentor
PS If you need help with any aspect of authorship, including writing, publishing, book marketing, or anything else,you can get it on a live weekly webinar. Join the Awakened Author Premium Membership FREE for 7 days and be on the next call!
See the original post:
Where Can I Promote My Kindle Countdown Deal?