Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found.”
Inspirational thoughts don’t always need to be deep and meditative. Sometimes inspirational thoughts can come from a twist of the mind to make old things new.
The mind can be like a solid anchor locking you into beliefs and thought patterns that keep you stuck.
OR the mind can make old things new and make the ordinary extraordinary.
How can throwing out trash become fun?
Volkswagon looked for innovative ways to bring fun into life. They ran a competition, and the winners are posted on www.FunTheory.com with the winning videos also on Y ouTube (of course!).
Organizations and concerned citizens have tried to think of ways to keep people from littering for decades.
I remember one commercial about a Native American man standing next to a trash can with litter strewn all around. A sad tear rolled slowly down his cheek. This did nothing to keep people from littering. It merely increased their tendency to feel sad upon seeing litter.
Putting attention on the desired action brings about more change than focusing on what is to be stopped or minimized.
“Focusing the audience on all people who do engage in the positive behavior can be a very influential strategy.”
YES! page 23
I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in increasing influence.
Bringing fun and play into ordinary life is also a great way to bring about positive change. The Fun Theory challenge is a perfect example.
This video makes me laugh. I’ve watched it several times just because I love the sound effects. Someone came up with the idea to put a speaker into a public trash can so that when rubbish is tossed in, it sounds as if it is falling far deep.
Watch the video and enjoy!
Curiosity, amazement and FUN cause people to WANT to throw away their trash instead of littering.
Bringing FUN into Everyday Life
Imagine how much more pleasant any “chore” can be when an element of fun and play is added.
Here’s how to do it yourself:
1. Write down any task that you do not think of as fun or one you tend to feel is “hard”.
2. Ask your brain to come up with a game or an idea that will make the task fun.
3. Implement the most fun and innovative idea your brain shares with you.
4. Enjoy the feelings you experience when the task you found hard or not fun suddenly becomes interesting.
5. Smile and notice your smile. This will anchor smiling as a way to bring about the same feelings within you.
A Real Life Example
Dr. Rick Schaefer created a fun and simple 37-day life changing program called Extreme Thought Makeover. One of my favorites is the Rampage of Appreciation. The activities are easy to do yet amazingly powerful in changing one’s way of thinking and experiencing life.
This is especially transforming whenever you’re feeling signs of stress, anxiety, or just plain “down.”
Try it for yourself.
What to do: Simply start thinking of and feeling appreciation for one thing, then another, then another. As you begin feeling gratitude and appreciation, the feelings will be like a snowball that grows immensely as it rolls downhill.
Let your own inspirational thoughts astound you!
Claim Extreme Thought Makeover now and you’ll discover the fun and creativity that will overhaul your thinking and help you create the life of your dreams. Find it at www.ProfitableStorytelling.com/etm.
Follow your bliss!
- The Peace Seed, Personal and Global Transformation through Storytelling
- The Instant VIP: Insider Secrets to Fame, Freedom and Fulfillment as an Expert Author
- I’ll Push You Steer: The Definitive Guide to Stumbling through Life with Blinders On.
- Read ProfitableStorytelling.com on Kindle.
- Creator of the 30-Day Profitable Author Challenge
- Ambassador of Inspirational Thoughts, www.HowToLiveOnPurpose.comDisclosures
Here is the original post:
Inspirational Thoughts on Creativity: How Can Throwing Away Trash Become FUN?