Did you know that there are American Indians all across Turtle Island (the North American continent) who say daily prayers for global peace, harmony and the mending of the Sacred Hoop? It is true…and these prayers and daily ceremonies have been going on since the beginning of time.
And it is not only Native peoples who pray and meditate daily for peace and unity…there are many here on our sacred Earth Mother who continue to hold the vision of world peace.
As you read the Meditation for Global Peace, feel your heart — and your entire being — connected to the Sacred Hoop of life. Remember that we are all related, and that there is but one race…the human race.
One of our Elders said, “Everyone is someone’s son, or someone’s daughter…and if you hurt them they will feel pain, just like you. We all bleed the same color. We are all related!”
So, take a few minutes and read the following meditation from Christina Grace*…
MEDITATION FOR GLOBAL PEACE AND THE FAMILY OF MAN, UNITED
Close your eyes…… Breathe in deeply several times and experience your body relax…and your mind become still…….Continue to breathe deeply. Continue to quiet your mind…… This meditation is both a visualization and experiential process…….
Now see and experience yourself in a quiet surrounding, the beach, the mountains, the forest, the desert, wherever you go to ‘get away from it all’, wherever you go to experience peace. See and experience your surroundings. Experience the peace you are feeling as a rich, palpable presence, filling you, surrounding you. Experience a Peace so full, it is overflowing from you.
Now envision yourself with the one you love most in this world. Experience the depth of loving you feel towards the one you love so dearly. Is it a husband…a wife…a child… a family member… a beloved pet… a friend? Whoever it is, experience them in your heart now. Experience the depth of your gratitude, that you have had this marvelous opportunity to experience such love, such joy.
Now experience this profound sense of loving and gratitude in your heart, expanding out into the world. It is this extraordinarily profound experience of loving and gratitude in your heart that you will now take into the world, and with which you will enjoin to others.
Envision yourself as a Citizen of the World. Envision yourself as a Peacemaker. See yourself with loved ones, your friends and family, all of you holding hands. You reach out to your neighbors, and their friends and their families and see yourself holding their hands, all of us conjoined in Peace, and Love and Friendship and Forgiveness. And in this way we continue to reach out to each other, so that each of us in our neighborhoods, our communities, our cities, our countries, across the waters and around the globe are holding hands united in one purpose, that of creating an everlasting global peace, and flourishing for all of mankind…. A peace in which we and our families, our communities, our countries are safe for our children and generations to come, to live and to grow…. A planet where all may flourish…
Again, envision and experience our family of man united with one heart, one mind, in Peace, for the betterment, upliftment and caring of the entire human family, as we reach out around the world in friendship now.
Envision and experience yourself as a conduit of Love, Mercy, Grace, Compassion and Forgiveness… We each know that Peace must first begin within ourselves. So you forgive yourself for all judgments you have ever held against yourself, and you forgive yourself for all judgments you have ever held against others. And as you enter into this forgiveness, you know that as you forgive, so you are forgiven. And as humankind collectively enters into forgiveness, all judgment is suspended and lifted, creating room for Acceptance, Understanding and Compassion to live, and grow and flourish.
In having embraced Forgiveness, you release the past and all past judgments.
Now envision and experience yourself moving into Acceptance.
And from this place of Acceptance, what arises within you now is a Consciousness of Understanding.
And from this Consciousness of Understanding, a Consciousness of Compassion is birthed from within you.
And from this Consciousness of Compassion, birthed within you now is the Consciousness of Loving. ….
Experience the Loving Seed in your heart again flowing through you into the global family with whom you are holding hands with at this very moment, and with who you are energetically conjoined on all levels…..
And from this Consciousness of Loving, birthed within you is the Consciousness of Peace….
Again experience the Peace within you as a seed emanating from you, through the hands of those with whom you are conjoined, through all those with whom you are energetically conjoined around the globe…….
Now from deep space, envision our planet with a ring of Peace surrounding it… Experience the colors of it… Experience the frequencies of it. As we get closer to our planet, we see yet another ring surrounding it, within the ring of Peace and this is a ring of Grace. And as we get closer to the planet, we see yet another ring surrounding it, a ring of Compassion manifesting as Brotherly Love, a love of all Humankind…. And as we get even closer, we see that the next ring surrounding the planet is one of Understanding. And as we get even closer to our planet, we see that the closest ring is that of Love.
We see that this ring of Love, and all the successive rings radiating outward around our planet, the ring of Understanding, the ring of Compassion, the ring of Grace, the ring of Peace, emanate from each of us as an individual, from all of us as the collective human family– from the Forgiveness, the Acceptance, the Understanding, Compassion, Loving, and Peace we each hold in our hearts for ourselves and for each other.
And from this place of universal Loving and Peace, envision ourselves, our children, our families, our friends, our loved ones, our communities, neighborhoods, cities, countries, and our planet safe…. Envision the entire human family living, working, creating, playing together Joyfully, in Peace and Harmony, with an eternal focus of upliftment, well-being and flourishing, for all of humankind….. And so it is.
Stay in this space as long as you wish…Centering in your heart…Slowly coming back into the room when you are ready, back into your beautiful bodies…
Please feel free to share this Meditation….
Thank you for your participation.
With Peace, Love and Blessings Always,
Christina Grace Info (at) Meditations4Peace (dot) com
MEDITATION FOR GLOBAL PEACE AND FAMILY OF MAN UNITED ©2008 – 2013 CHRISTINA GRACE
Meditation and Letter may be reprinted and presented with credit and copyright notice without alteration
Meditation and Opening As delivered in MC October 24, 2013
* Note: The recorded audio includes Native American flute music by Robert F. TallTree, intro by Terri TallTree
To download a print a copy of this Meditation for Global Peace and the Family of Man United, RIGHT-CLICK HERE
You are invited to share this with friends, family, colleagues, and you may do so by clicking the social icons below. In addition:
- You may email, fax or mail a copy to those who would support this focus. The internet as well as the Librarian in the Reference Section of your local library are great sources for getting contact information for organizations, newspapers, the media and government officials. Your participation is appreciated.
- If you are fluent or bi-lingual or multi-lingual, please contact the author and let them know you are willing to do so. You may email them at: info (at) meditations4peace (dot) com
- Send The Meditation to editors and publishers of your local newspapers, REQUESTING THEM TO PUBLISH THIS MEDITATION
- Send to your local news organizations and Television and Radio media, REQUESTING THEM TO READ ON-AIR
- Send to the spiritual or religious organization of your choice REQUESTING THEY EMAIL, FAX or MAIL THESE TO THEIR MEMBERS; ASKING THEY DO The Meditation AS A GROUP PROCESS WITH THEIR CONGREGATION or CONSTITUENTS
- Send to all organizations that hold a focus of peace and work for the balance and upliftment of mankind and the planet ASKING THEY EMAIL, FAX or MAIL THESE TO THEIR MEMBERS; ASKING THEY DO The Meditation AS A GROUP PROCESS WITH THEIR CONSTITUENTS
- Send to your representatives at your local Municipal and State Governments ASKING THEM TO INCLUDE The Meditation AS AN AGENDA ITEM AND DO THIS AS A GROUP MEDITATION IN SESSION
- Send to people in your local and federal government; your Federal representatives (Senators and Congressman, Members of Parliament, to your elected and appointed officials in your country) ASKING THEY INCLUDE The Meditation AS AN AGENDA ITEM AND DO THIS AS A GROUP MEDITATION IN SESSION
- Send to all U.N. delegates ASKING THEY INCLUDE The Meditation AS AN AGENDA ITEM AND DO THIS AS A GROUP
- If you are, or if you know anyone working with a live audience — ie: theatre, sporting event, concert or lecture, WE ARE ASKING YOU INCLUDE The Meditation AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR EVENT AND DO THIS AS A GROUP MEDITATION
Yes, ONE person can make a difference. YOU can make a difference, and — in fact, are doing so each and every day. With a simple action coming from respect and loving kindness, amazing things happen!
Live on Purpose…Change the World!
Gakina-awiiya (We Are All Related),
Robert and Terri TallTree
“Teach us love, compassion and honor…that we may heal the Earth and heal each other.” – Ojibwe
Sit back and listen to “The Calling Song”, one of the Native American Flute Music songs included in the Echoes of the Heart CD.
Read the original here: Will You Join Us in Meditating for Global Peace?